Ascensions Psychological and Community Services, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is located in a designated health shortage area in Washington, DC. We provide therapeutic services to hundreds of families regardless of their ability to pay. Our work is made possible through individual, corporate and foundation support. We welcome partnering opportunities with organizations that support our mission and want to invest in our community to change lives.
Did You Know......
- A $25 gift provides a therapeutic game that can be played with a child in therapy
- A $50 gift will provide therapeutic workbooks and journals to a family
- With a $75 gift, we can conduct an in-class evaluation of a child struggling with her behavior in school
- With a $100 gift, we can provide an hour of psychotherapy to a family that has recently been evicted from their home
- With a $200 gift, we can advocate for a child that has been misdiagnosed with ADHD at their IEP meeting
- A $250 gift can support a women's group for 10 women who need help with coping, decision making, and feeling less alienated
- With a $300 gift, 25 women can attend a free Bikram Hot Yoga class to learn the keys of self love and meditation
- A $500 gift provides a full day certification workshop on Mental Health First Aid for the staff of an after-school program
- A $1,000 gift supports 10 sessions of therapy for a woman with a history of depression, abuse, and addiction